Employee Type: Full Time
Job Type: Manufacturing, Industrial
Education: HS Diploma
Experience: 5-7 years
Compensation: $18-22 an hour
Maintenance Electrician\ Mechanic
- To inspect, test, dismantle or install, and make limited mechanical and/or electrical repairs to all electrical and electronic apparatus, devices and circuits of any voltage in the grating plants.
- Receives specifications and instructions regarding the work assignment from the supervisor.
- Analyzes jobs as required, plans working procedure determining most efficient manner of making repairs in the safest manner minimizing interruption of production. Determine material or replacement needs, as necessary and select a logical approach to “trouble shooting".
- Takes safety precautions and isolates circuits for minimum interference to operations.
- Determines necessary tools and materials.
- Plans and performs work requiring a working knowledge of electrical principles, principles of operation and application of equipment.
- Dismantles, inspects, repairs, adjusts and/or replaces faulty parts or wiring on a limited basis; reassembles, tests and adjusts equipment for safe and proper operation.
- Installation of conduit, fittings, switches, controls and fixtures.
- Performs work to conform to existing codes where required, as instructed.
- May set up and/or operate plant production type of equipment at any time for the amount of time required to perform work of a non-production nature necessary to the performance of maintenance duties, such as saws, lift trucks, edger, serrator, etc.
Ideal candidate must have skills, abilities and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years experience in the Electrical Maintenance Field
- Troubleshooting and changing out electrical motors
- Strong Electrical background
- Able to read prints and wiring diagrams.
- Able to read and interpret Electrical measuring equipment
- All types and sizes AC and DC motors and generators, transformers, circuit breakers, various electrical com-ponents, circuits, conduit and fittings, repair and replacement parts, mechanical and hydraulic equipment, etc.
- Able to use electrical testing instruments, power hand drills, grinders, drill press, bearing or gear pullers, soldering equipment, pipe tools, miscellaneous hand tools, material handling equipment, etc.